Some years back, several friends and I – all contributors to this blog – took a (slightly infamous) trip across country.
We drove from Atlanta to Long Beach, Calif., with a slight layover in El Paso.
In Los Angeles, and again in Las Vegas, we were stunned by the obvious availability of escorts. They advertised on posters and fliers, and there were people all over the streets shoving handbills featuring half-naked models and phone numbers imploring us to call for some fun.
So, we did.
And, while at last one of our party (not me) did partake in the pleasures of a prostitute – a story that this blog must surely share some day – we found hours of enjoyment in collecting the advertisements and calling the numbers on them. Sure, we endured a few fussing pimps along the way, but they weren’t going to track down our Georgia cell phones and besides, we were having too much fun to let a few angry vice peddlers to stop us.
So, for a chuckle, below is a selection of some of the lines recalled from those late-night calls to the mysterious, lovely ladies of the west – who don’t look anything like the girls on the posters.
- “How much to just watch my buddy and I?”
- “Do you serve Compton?”
- “I’m good lookin’. Can I have a discount for that?”
- “Since I already have everything anyway, do I really have to wear a condom?”
- “I have a coupon that I found online.”
- “I really just want to share a Haagen-Dazs and watch Leno.”
- “I want to be your last stop for the night. Don’t shower.”
- “Do you have children? Can you bring them along?”
- “Oh, it shouldn’t be that much. I’ll be quick.”
- “Betcha’ never played ‘Strip Axis & Allies’ under a black light before!”
- “What’s your ‘first-timers’ rate?”
- “I want you to teach me yoga.”
- “This is for my grandpa. It’s kind of a ‘last request’ kind of thing. They told us we needed to start getting the family together, so I need you to come, like, now.”
- “Would you like me to make you a copy of the tape when we’re done?”
- “Baby, I hope you like Karo.”
- “Are you good with kids? I’m kinda’ in a pinch here.”
- “If you think Jackie Gleason’s sexy, you and I are going to get along fine.”
- “I’m going to need you to be ready to lick stuff.”
- “Can I call you Jane? And will you be a real bitch to me? Jane’s always such a bitch. God, I hate her.”
- “I don’t really have an address. My ice cream truck is parked at 6th Street and Pacific Avenue beside the church.”
- “How do you feel about wearing a squirrel costume?”
- “You were pretty highly rated on Angie’s List.”
- “I should warn you: I have a heart thing. So if anything happens, just wash me off, get your things and go.”
- “I’m a cuddler.”
- “What I’m really looking for is someone with a third nipple – preferably pierced.”
Did we miss anything?